As a followup to my previous post How to Calculate Net Worth, here is a ready-made calculator you can use to enter in all of your Asset and Liability values. I included additional rows for personalized items that are not included in the pre-defined categories. After you download the spreadsheet you can rename those rows if you want.
You can download this spreadsheet, and edit it on your computer using either Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice. Here are the steps:
1. Click link above to open the Google spreadsheet Doc.
2. Click the File menu item.
3. Click Download As…
4. Click the desired download file format to match the software program you will use to modify the file to add your personal information. If you have Excel on your computer, choose Excel. If you have OpenOffice, choose that option. CVS, HTML, Text, and PDF will not allow you to save and edit the file so do not choose those options unless you are an advanced user who knows what to do with those formats.
5. When the box opens, click the Save button.
6. Select a location to save the file.
7. Open the file using either Excel or OpenOffice.
8. Enter your values into the spreadsheet.
9. Scroll down to the last row to see your total Net Worth.
Have fun, and let me know if any questions!